ALIGNED JAW AND TEETH FOR CHILDREN & TEENAGERS
A balanced set of teeth gives a confident smile.
Not everyone is lucky enough to be born with perfect teeth. During the first appointment we talk you and your family through the possible methods to reach a harmonious profile and beautiful smile.
THE RIGHT TIMING
Positively influencing available growth
Orthodontic treatment at a young age allows the jaw and face to grow in a perfectly balanced way. This is why the ideal point in time for an initial consultation is between the ages of eight and nine, to keep all options open for the most suitable treatment.
As an orthodontist I am not only able to observe the positive impact our treatment has on the confidence of children as they grow, I am also able to appreciate how their personality develops.
FROM FIXED TO REMOVABLE
The right technique for any tooth misalignment
Depending on the complexity of the presenting tooth or jaw misalignment, we can offer a range of techniques that will positively impact on jaw growth and tooth positioning in children and teenagers.
REMOVABLE APPLIANCES (MONOBLOCK, PLATES AND SIMILAR)
Visible profile improvement
Using removable appliances has a positive effect on the jaw’s growth. This ensures an optimal bite pattern and enhances the facial profile.
BRACKETS ARE SAFE AND RELIABLE
For the most beautiful smile
Fixed appliances (brackets and similar) are an efficient way to rectify tooth misalignments. They are also a controlled way of carrying out complex tooth movement.
RAPID PALATAL EXPANDER
Expanding the upper jaw
Expanding a child’s upper jaw is straightforward while they are still growing, and allows correction of crossbites with complex shifting.
Invisalign for teenagers
An increasing number of teenagers are requesting the comfortable and invisible aligner treatment from Invisalign, which uses a series of transparent aligners to gently move teeth into the right position.
- Everyone is unique meaning that the cost of a customised course of treatment can vary significantly and there is no general rule of thumb.
- This is why we use an initial consultation to assess the tooth and jaw positioning specific to your child.
- Following on from this, we clarify key questions such as the type of misalignment, a good time for treatment to start, the length of treatment and predicted cost.
- Wherever possible we also give you transparent and upfront information on the future consequences you and your child can expect should treatment go ahead.
- Golland Orthodontics in Chur uses the Swiss Dental Association (SSO) tariff to calculate cost. In doing so we use a tax point value of CHF 1.05.
- The first session usually costs CHF 130 (not including X-rays, models or photos).
- The second session involves creating the documentation to aid planning. Only once this documentation has been evaluated are we able to draw up an accurate quotation.
- In the third session we go through the treatment plan with you and explain all the necessary appliances in detail.
- Needless to say, you also receive a written and binding guide of the costs involved
- Make an appointment now – we look forward to hearing from you.
- Many health insurance providers offer additional insurance for dental treatments.
- We recommend taking out this kind of additional insurance in good time (usually before the age of five).
- This will ensure that at least some of the cost is covered by insurance.
- In each instance we use the planning documentation to check if you are covered by a standard insurance benefit as specified in the Health Insurance Act (KVG) list of benefits.
- In severe cases an application can also be made for disability insurance to meet the cost.
- This kind of request to cover costs can only be made by a Specialist in Orthodontics (CH).